среда, 8 сентября 2010 г.

$#*@!


Arguments. Nobody likes them, everybody hates them. In fact, why don't they just go and eat worms?

Conflicts of opinions, disagreements, quarrels, disputes, barneys, whatever you want to call them; they suck.

I am sure that I am not alone when I say there is nothing worse than a heated argument, especially when it's with your fella. One of the reasons that arguing with your other half can be so exasperating is mainly because of the 'talk' that usually follows. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making up, but it's the in depth discussion that I'm not too fond of. There's the analysing of who said what, the evaluating of the outcome, before finally moving on to the conclusion. In fact, [in summary] I'm pretty sure I did something similar to this in science lessons at school.

It's funny how arguments with your loved one are so much different from arguments with your parents. I'm certainly not saying that I don't care about squabbles with my Mum or Dad, but they surely don't seem quite as painful as they are with partners. Unless, of course, it's one of those arguments about who had the remote control last or whether it's their turn to cook, but I'm not talking about those petty bickering's you have with your lover, I'm talking about full blown, shout your heart out, cry a little, rows.

Now, I'm sure that the people reading this will be thinking 'Oh dear, she's had a blow out with her guy,' but that may well not be the case! How dare you readers be so cynical! Yeah alright, I'll admit it it, I have.
But it was this ghastly argument that lead me to reflect on how unnecessary they are. Of course they are just a natural way of life and I realise that everybody has them, but I just struggle to comprehend the actual point of arguing.

One person says something, the other disagrees then BAM! Just like a volcano once perfectly still, a steaming argument erupts, red molten lava crawling over the participants faces as their voices gradually increase in volume. Does this really need to be the case? Should we in fact keep our opinions to ourselves? [at least then we are guaranteed to agree] Should we hold our tongues and just agree to disagree? It would save so much hassle. The point would be made, both parties involved would say their point, and then it would be left there, point made, noted, left. For really, an argument is only nothing more but fight of opinion.

Please note: having a shouting match is not going to win your opponent over.

Perhaps I should jot that down...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий