понедельник, 31 января 2011 г.

Sisters by chance, Friends by choice.


When I was growing up, me and my sister would spend most of our time together arguing or teasing one another. But as time passes it seems that my sister and I get a little bit closer every day...

Having recently spent an amazing weekend with my skin and blister, I have started to reflect on just how lucky I am to have her in my life. Not only is she a part of my family but she is also one of my closest friends. Sam is the person that listens to my problems and offers advice, she shares her dilemmas with me and is undoubtedly just as crazy as I am.

Of course, looking back to our younger years together would present a completely different image to what we see now. There was fighting, bickering and endless tricks played on both our parts. (Need i mention the hot mouth sweet revenge with the exploding fag?)

Being the younger sister I would always look up to Sam, I'd want to join in when her friends came over and just be a part of her day to day life. Of course now I can understand what a complete pain in the ass that must have been. With a seven year age gap between us there is not much possibility of having that close a friendship when one of you is 16 and the other is 9...

I hear stories about people who have drifted apart from their siblings, or fallen out after some sort of family row and have never made up since. The thought of having this with my own seems somewhat impossible. Sure, we may have arguments now and then, perhaps not speak for a few days, but I could never imagine her cutting me out of her life completely or living without her in mine.

My sister is someone to share secrets with and relive memories of our youth together. She is that person that shows an interest in anything I choose to do.  She is my drinking partner, my shopping buddy, the fellow fake baker and my food consuming companion, but whatever I call her, she will forever be not just a sister, but also my best friend.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий