пятница, 17 декабря 2010 г.

It'll be lonely this Christmas...

On the forth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... well, nothing. Crimbo is just 8 days away, and to say that I am dreading it would be a massive understatement...

As the old song goes: "It'll be lonely this Christmas, without you to hold." Never before have I cared much for this song, it's blended in to the background, became just one of many cheesy tunes. Yet this year, I swear, it's being played just to rub it in.
For the first time ever, this Christmas  has seen me become The Grinch. There has been no festive 'decking the halls', no crimbo tunes and most certainly, no Christmas shopping. Sure, I may have slipped in a few mulled wines to keep me going through the festive period, but this was purely for research purposes...
In previous years these fellow 'bah humbugs' would cause me concern, I'd tut to myself and think 'Its Christmas! Supposedly the 'most wonderful' time of the year! Where is your festive spirit?!' Yet, this year it is me playing the part of Scrooge; I'm not prepared for this year, and to be honest, I don't want it.

I've read many-a-blog in previous years from the single people harping on about the discomfort of being single at Christmas; seeing happy couples walk hand in hand, exchanging gifts, smiling and laughing. It never dawned on me before just how lucky I was to have that. Now I know how it feels for the stocking to be on the other foot...

So when you're tucking in to your Crimbo turkey this year, or raising a glass with the one you love, spare a thought for those like me... whats more, who will we pull our crackers with this year?!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий