пятница, 19 ноября 2010 г.

Puppy Love...


They say a dog is a man's best friend. A trusty sidekick, a devoted doogle that will always be by your side.
But a dog can most certainly be a girl's best friend too.

Not a day goes past without me thinking about my old dog. Cookie was her name, and she was undoubtedly one of my best friends. Since her passing, back in April of this year, I have been yearning for another of her kind, yet although I know that nothing can ever replace her, I can't stop the ache I feel for a puppy of my own...

I am pretty certain that this must be how broody women feel when they see someone walking down the street with a pram containing a newborn baby. However, it is not the pram that stirs my 'want' within, but four furry feet happily plodding along the road, silky soft ears bouncing to every step, a happy owner the other end of the lead, proudly showing off the families newest addition. My longing for a puppy is an everyday battle, there have been endless requests to my boyfriend for one, to which he would happily oblige, but then the repercussions set in, 'we don't have our own place for a puppy,' 'it'll be on it's own all day,' 'we can't afford it.'

I know that eventually, my day will come. I will wake up to a warm bundle of fluffy joy, a sidekick of my own. But until then I suppose I can only wait, I'll continue to make do with petting those who belong to others, whist my heart tell's me it should be mine and my head remind's me that it isn't.

...I think they call it Puppy Love.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий