пятница, 8 октября 2010 г.

Twitterings of a Technophobe

Today was the day that I finally become a twit. I mean, twitterer?

Although I am completely self-sufficient when it comes to computers and technology, I couldn't help but feel a little nervous at the thought of joining twitter. All the @'s and #'s just seem to scare the hell out of me. But after consideration and a gentle persuasion from a friend I decided to give it a go. After all, it couldn't be that difficult. Could it?

The answer to that is yes. It really can. I would seriously like to know who came up with the concept of this networking site. What with followers and followings, tweetings and @'s, it seems to me that what could have been a relatively simple site has been turned into the most confusing and complicated thing I have battled with since a blackberry.

As a Twitter virgin, my only previous experience in the networking world had really been with Facebook. Sure, this was a little difficult to get to grips with at first, but in comparison to Twitter it's a piece of cake. There is no simplicity as writing on a wall, instead you must retweet to a tweet. A tweet that has been posted by someone else to you is on their profile, answered by retweet to your profile, this retweet then becomes your current tweet. As if that isn't confusing enough, try using the app.

As people age they loose their sight, their hearing, and the world around them grows and advances. New technology leaves them feeling lost and confused. Some are still even baffled by DVD players and Sky, relying on their kids and grandchildren to help them learn.

I used to be one of those kids, laughing to myself that old methods that had been made easier were even more confusing to the elders.

Now it seems the joke's on me...

Follow me on Twitter @Charlotte_StP

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий